Are you ready for a getaway with your special someone? Consider choosing a romantic destination in Europe. Whether you prefer to tour the city, bike, or hike in the wilderness, or relax on the beach during your vacay, these cities will help you follow your heart.
Here are our top 5 best most romantic cities in Europe.
Go to Madrid, the capital of Spain, for eye candy and shut-eye — art and a siesta, that is.
There’s something for everyone in this metropolis, including bullfights, flamenco dancers, soccer games, museums, and markets. Watching a show, looking at art and buying souvenirs is even more worthwhile with the one you love.
10 Romantic Things to Do in Madrid
Madrid is a vibrant city with something for everyone, but if you are after more of a romantic experience, here are our top 10 suggestions:
- Enjoy some opera at Teatro Real.
- Indulge in some culture at the Círculo de Bellas Artes.
- Enjoy coffee and pastries at Café del Jardín.
- Take a cable car ride to Casa de Campo.
- Have a spa day at a Turkish bath.
- Wine and dine at Madrid’s Literary Quarter.
- Take a boat ride in Retiro Park.
- Visit the Royal Palace.
- Take a trip to the Royal Botanical Garden.
- See sculptures at the La Almudena Cathedral.
Where to Stay for a Romantic Vacation in Madrid
Gran Hotel Inglés Madrid
The beautiful Gran Hotel Inglés Madrid is in the neighborhood Barrio de Las Letras. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home in one of their 43 luxurious hotel rooms. Each bed has a deep mattress with 500 thread-count Egyptian cotton sheets for your comfort.
This hotel is the perfect location for a romantic stay in Madrid.Check Availability
4.) Chania, Crete
The sky is the limit on the Greek island of Crete. Experience a city lifestyle on the north side and a more outdoorsy feel on the south side.
You and your honey may check out Greek architecture during the day, then get dolled up for a night in northern Chania or Heraklion. Head to southern Chania and Rethymnon for the beaches and hiking. Embrace the diversity—ancient and contemporary Greek buildings, the mountains, and the tropics.
10 Romantic Things to Do in Chania
Chania will indeed steal your heart — if your loved one hasn’t done so already.
Here are 10 romantic things to do in Chania with your beloved that will make your vacation one to remember:
- Take a romantic stroll along the Old Venetian Harbour.
- Step back in time at the Venizelos Family Tombs.
- Enjoy a picnic in the Chania Public Garden.
- Rent a water-bike and watch turtles and birds at Lake Kournas.
- Rest and take in the natural beauty of Vrisses Village.
- Enjoy some music at Fagotta Jazz Bar.
- Catch a sunset at Iguana Beach.
- Buy each other gifts at Municipal Market of Chani.
- Have a culture day at Archaeological Museum of Chania.
- Wine and dine at one of the many local bars and restaurants at Chania Harbour.
Where to Stay for a Romantic Vacation in Chania
Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa
Relax and unwind at the Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa. This hotel is the perfect spot for couples to switch off, leave everything behind, and enjoy the company of each other.
You can use the hotel as a base while you explore the wonders of Crete or indulge in the spa facilities. This hotel is a must for all couples wanting to add a little more romance to their vacation.Check Availability
3.) Tuscany, Italy
The Italian region Toscana is sure to please all of the senses. Its land boasts hills, trees, and vineyards that produce wine and olive oil. You and your partner can eat, drink, and be merry.
Experience the Renaissance art revolution in the city of Florence, where you can wine and dine to breathtaking sunsets. Ponder the Leaning Tower of Pisa, or take a bicycle trip for two around the countryside.
10 Romantic Things to Do in Tuscany
You will step back in time as soon as you enter the beautiful region of Tuscany.
Here are our 10 best romantic things to do in Tuscany that will sweep your loved one of their feet:
- Ride a Vespa through the countryside.
- Discover new cuisine by taking a food tour.
- Take in the view from one of Tuscany’s hilltop towns.
- Relax in the Saturnia hot springs.
- Go horseback riding through Tuscan vineyards.
- Visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
- Take in the stunning architecture of Florance.
- Indulge in some wine tasting and learn more about Tuscan wines.
- Hike up the Apuan Alps.
- See the vineyards from above by taking a hot air balloon ride.
Where to Stay for a Romantic Vacation in Tuscany
The St. Regis Florence
The St. Regis Florence is an iconic hotel that oozes elegance and charm. Housed in a historic palace designed by Filippo Brunelleschi, the building is a marvel.
The hotel rooms are embellished with decorative ceilings and tilted mirrors, chandeliers, and frescoes. It’s the ideal place to relax with someone special after a day of exploring the picturesque city of Florence.Check Availability
2.) Venice, Italy
The city of Venice, Italy, is like no other because of it of its location on the water. Enjoy a gondola ride down the Grand Canal with your amore. If you can manage to take your eyes of off each other, look in awe at Venetian art and open your ears to the opera.
Should you choose to venture out to neighboring islands, check out the beach in Lido, lace in Burano and glass in Murano. When you’re done, share dining and one-of-a-kind shopping at the Piazza San Marco.
10 Romantic Things to Do in Venice
Venice is possibly one of the most romantic cities in Europe and whatever you choose to do with your partner in this city will be remembered for years to come.
Here are some great suggestions for things to do and best attractions in Venice to visit to help get you started:
- Take a Gondola ride.
- Share some delicious gelato.
- Take a sunset cruise on one of Venice’s large canals.
- Have a romantic dinner at a restaurant with a canal view.
- Enjoy a show at Theatre La Fenice opera house.
- Check out the famous colorful glass at Murano.
- Explore the Doge’s Palace.
- Relax at Alberoni Beach.
- Explore the Neighbourhood of Dorsoduro.
- Party hard and indulge in Venice’s nightlife.
Where to Stay for a Romantic Vacation in Venice
Try this sophisticated traditional Venice hotel that caters to couples: the Hotel American-Dinesen. Enjoy a cocktail or two on the terrace, or relax in the room with the one you love.
This is a splendid location to enjoy all that Venice has to offer.Check Availability
1.) Paris, France
Paris, the “City of Light” that is the capital of France, is a cascade of culture and romance. Ask a local to take a photo of you and your sweetie kissing atop the Eiffel Tower or on the steps of the Sacre Coeur. Take a stroll along the riverbanks of the Seine, then enjoy the Moulin Rouge cabaret. When the tourist attractions become blase, sneak off for a rendezvous at a side-street cafe, or sit and people-watch.
10 Romantic Things to Do in Paris
Paris is known as the most romantic city in the world, and it’s easy to see why.
Give these 10 romantic things a try next time you visit the city:
- Take in the view (or even propose) from the Eiffel Tower.
- Visit the Wall of Love (Le Mur Des Je t’aime).
- Take a sunset cruise along the Seine.
- Stroll along Rue des Barres in Le Marais.
- Catch a classic film at Le Champo.
- Picnic in the beautiful Chateau de Versailles Garden.
- Stare into each other’s eyes while enjoying a bite to eat in a traditional Paris cafe.
- Take a boat out to the Island of the Temple of Love.
- Dine together in one of the many restaurants down the hidden alleys.
- Take a dance class and Tango on the Seine.
Where to Stay for a Romantic Vacation in Paris
How about this for a room with a view? Impress your beloved with this wonderful hotel with views of the Effiel Tower and other famous landmarks.
The Shangri-La Hotel, Paris was originally the private residence of Roland Napoléon Bonaparte. You’ll be amazing by the stunning 19th-century architecture.Check Availability
If you have someone special in your life, why not take them to one or all of these best most romantic cities in Europe on your next trip? Spend some quality time together, have an adventure, and make memories to last a lifetime.