Do you know why the best RFID wallets are so helpful?
Identity theft is running rampant. Thieves can swipe your credit card information in a few seconds using RFID devices. With one brush up against your purse or wallet, thieves can have your credit card information.
An RFID-blocking wallet can protect you from theft. If you are a frequent traveler or live in a big city where theft is an issue, an RFID-blocking wallet is a must-have.
Here are the 5 best RFID wallets to protect your belongings and keep your credit cards safe.
[heading navigation=”Editors’ Choice” text=”Editors’ Choice: Dango D01 Dapper EDC Wallet”]
It’s all in the name with the Dango Dapper wallet.
This wallet is genuine leather and premium RFID-blocking technology to protect your information. You don’t have to sacrifice quality, style, or space with this leather RFID wallet. Keep up to 12 of your cards secure with this simple design.
This wallet’s design is both lightweight and sturdy. The leather part serves as a money clip and can hold up to five bills while the RFID-blocking aluminum case is where you’ll keep your credit cards.
We don’t recommend this style for those who like to carry tons of cash or cards. However, if you want minimal yet sophisticated design, this RFID wallet is for you.
Dango D01 Dapper Pros
- Lightweight wallet: You will hardly notice this wallet when you’re carrying it. It weighs approximately two ounces.
- Sleek design: The metal and leather look is perfect if the design is important to you.
- Sturdy materials: The wallet is made in the USA from quality genuine leather and CNC’d aluminum.
Dango D01 Dapper Cons
- Money fit: US bills must be folded a few times for them to fit perfectly in the money clip.
[maxbutton id=”8″ url=”https://amzn.to/2E4QKpm” text=”More Details” ]
[heading navigation= “Best Value” text=”Best Value: Trayvax Original 2.0 Metal Wallet”]
If you’re looking to invest in an RFID wallet that will last and will give you the best value overall, the Trayvax original 2.0 is perfect.
We chose this one because the designers made every part of this wallet intentionally. You want to protect your identity, and this wallet will do just that. The RFID protection is guaranteed to keep your cards safe, and the materials are built to last.
When we say value, we mean it. The wallet has a military-grade design and is made from both aircraft-grade aluminum and stainless steel RFID-blocking technology.
Aesthetically, you’re not getting much, but value-wise we couldn’t find a better option.
Trayvax Original 2.0 Pros
- Durable materials: You can’t get any more sturdy and durable than the high-grade aluminum and stainless steel build.
- Lifetime warranty: The manufacturers believe in the designs and offer an astounding lifetime warranty with this wallet.
Trayvax Original 2.0 Cons
- TSA screening: Because of the materials and the built-in bottle opener, it may be a hassle getting through TSA checks when traveling.
[maxbutton id=”8″ url=”https://amzn.to/2YrgtA4″ text=”More Details” ]
[heading navigation=”Best for Men” text=”Best for Men: Hoobest RFID-Blocking Genuine Leather Wallet”]
While anyone can use any wallet, the Hoobest wallet is a decent choice if you want a traditional men’s wallet design.
The traditional checkbook wallet design is ideal for some. If you like that design, you can still protect your credit cards.
This wallet is perfect for both travel and day-to-day life. It has a trifold design that holds up to seven cards. Your ID is visible, and there is plenty of space for your bills to go.
This wallet is a perfect gift for someone who wants to protect their things with a straightforward, no-frills design.
Hoobest RFID Genuine Leather Pros
- Affordable price: This wallet comes in at under $20.
- Genuine leather: The soft, genuine leather makes it easy to slip in your front pocket for easy access.
- ID and credit card access: You don’t have to fidget to get to your cards. The card slots and ID holders are easily accessible.
Hoobest RFID Genuine Leather Cons
- Thick design: Although the design is slim, the wallet can get thick if you have a lot of things in it.
[maxbutton id=”8″ url=”https://amzn.to/2HnKiMg” text=”More Details” ]
[heading navigation=”Best for Women” text=”Best for Women: Fossil Women’s Emma RFID Wallet Mini”]
If you’re on the hunt for a versatile and compact RFID wallet, you won’t find many options better than this.
The Fossil Emma Mini is a popular option among women because of its multifunctionality. You get everything you need out of a wallet: genuine leather, easy to access card slots, and built-in card protectors.
Take this on the road with you on your travels or carry it around with you daily. The leather RFID technology will protect your cards from identity thieves.
Fossil Emma Mini Pros
- ID access: Easily see your ID with the transparent ID slot.
- Zippered pocket: Unlike the other wallets on this list, you can securely store your coins in the zip compartment.
Fossil Emma Mini Cons
- Small size: This wallet holds up to five credit and debit cards and one ID card — the essentials. Anything more won’t fit.
[maxbutton id=”8″ url=”https://amzn.to/2VzPSUt” text=”More Details” ]
[heading navigation=”Best for Passport” text=” Best for Passport: Travelon RFID-Blocking Passport Zip Wallet”]
Believe it or not, some expert identity thieves can scan your passport information. If you want to protect your passport while you travel, consider the Travelon RFID-blocking zip wallet.
This wallet has excellent features for travelers. Choose from four colors from the Travelon collection. The RFID-blocking technology will keep your cards and passport safe while also being easily accessible.
Hold up to five cards, your boarding passes, money, and your passport in one place. The zip is helpful for security because you don’t have to worry about something falling out during your trip.
The look may not be for everyone, but your most important documents will be safe.
Travelon Passport Zip Wallet Pros
- Good travel size: The size is big enough to hold all of your essentials and more. There is ample space for a passport, money, cards, and IDs.
- Secure zipper: The zipper closure keeps all of your things safe inside and lessens the risk of them falling out.
Travelon Passport Zip Wallet Cons
- Limited Car Space: If you need space for more than five cards, this wallet may not be for you.
[maxbutton id=”8″ url=”https://amzn.to/2VFEM0h” text=”More Details” ]
What Is RFID?
RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification, which is the form of wireless technology that most credit and debit cards use today.
This is the technology that allows you to be able to use your cards contactless without typing in your pin. While this technology is convenient and cutting-edge, it also puts you at risk.
You would be surprised how easy it is to get a scanner to steal your information. Thieves can use devices to steal information — and they are widespread enough that they are available on eBay.
Newer devices don’t even require you to be that close to pick up your information. These scanners essentially do what the card readers do at a business does.
In a matter of seconds, a thief can have your full card information and duplicate it to make unauthorized transactions.
Technology is forever evolving, and hackers are getting savvier. Because this type of criminal activity is so easy to do and difficult to prosecute, we don’t see it going anywhere anytime soon.
Your best bet is getting a sturdy wallet with RFID-blocking technology to keep your personal information safe.
Benefits of RFID Wallets
Rfid-blocking wallets have many advantages. Here are a few.
The RFID technology isn’t going anywhere, which means that more manufacturers are releasing their wallet collections with it.
Almost all reputable wallet companies have a line of RFID-blocking wallets available. This means it’ll become easier and cheaper to buy one.
Until then, it is relatively easy to invest in an RFID wallet, especially if you choose a small one. Some companies, like Travelon and Hoobest, offer options for under $30. You can even get a wallet made of genuine leather for under $30.
The price tag and security benefits are incentives when looking for your ideal RFID wallet.
This is the obvious answer, but it is important to know how these RFID wallets function to keep your information safe.
Manufacturers use materials that block the frequencies that trigger the RFID scanners.
Dealing with unauthorized transactions and fraud is a headache. Whatever you can do to combat it will be in your best interest.
Peace of Mind While Traveling
The best thing is that you can now travel and move about with a peace of mind.
Frequent travelers have to worry about pickpocketers, swipers, and identity thieves. If you invest in a good anti-theft travel bag and an RFID wallet, you are prepared for your trip.
Dealing with fraudulent activity while traveling is a frustrating thing. Depending on your credit card, you may or may not be able to get an unauthorized purchase refunded fully.
Instead of dealing with a pesky thief and reluctant card companies, protect your things and enjoy your travels.
RFID Wallet Buyer’s Guide
These wallets vary in style, design, and features.
A good place to start is to decide is how important functionality vs. design is to you. From there, you can decide which RFID-blocking wallet features are the most important to you.
Our buying guide can help you determine what you want.
The carrying capacity is one of the top features to keep in mind when shopping for an RFID wallet.
It’s not enough to protect your cards. You also need to be able to fit everything you need inside.
The size varies depending on the company. Generally, aim for at least five card slots, including a spot for the ID.
If you need a wallet with more carrying capacity, read the individual reviews to make sure it can hold what you need.
On the other hand, if you are trying to fit your things into a smaller wallet, downsize your things. Small RFID wallets are for carrying the essentials, so pack them accordingly.
For ample space while traveling, choose a wallet with a passport slot, like the Travelon Passport Zip Wallet.
Ease of Access to Contents
An ideal RFID wallet makes it easy to pull out your cards when you need them.
Some models that don’t have individual card slots may not be as easy to get to as others are.
In our experience, the wallets that are easiest to access are the ones with individual card slots and extra pockets. Wallets with compartments that are big enough for bills are also a plus because you can grab the bank notes easily.
With some compact designs, you have to sacrifice the ease of access to contents. You may have only one slot to fit all of your cards, ID, and money.
If this is an issue for you, choose the more traditional wallets, like the Hoobest or Fossil wallet. These wallets tend to be more multifunctional and easier to access.
Style and Design
An RFID wallet may sound like something bulky and ugly. This couldn’t be any further from the truth.
RFID wallets come in many styles and designs today. You can stick to your usual wallet design and still enjoy RFID protection.
However, the main thing that you’ll have to watch out for when shopping is choosing a wallet that is fully protected. A lot of manufacturers have some wallets that only some pockets that are protected.
For example, the Dango Dapper wallet has an aluminum RFID pocket, but the other pockets don’t block RFID signals. You’ll have to leave your cards in these designated pockets for them to be safe from thieves.
If you prefer not to worry about where to place your cards, choose a wallet that is an RFID-only design.
There are tons of different materials that are RFID signals. Depending on the manufacturer, you could buy a wallet made of leather, aluminum, stainless steel, nylon, or even cork.
The most common materials are:
- Aluminum and stainless steel: Wallets with these metal materials may look intense, but they are some of the most durable wallets out there. Perhaps the only downside to these wallets is their inflexibility and hardness. It may be uncomfortable for those who tend to keep their things inside of their pockets. On the other hand, some people find the hard, military-look appealing and edgy.
- Leather: Many people love leather wallets. It’s sturdy, lasts long, and attractive. Plenty of wallet manufacturers have developed a way to make their genuine leather RFID proof. The perk of using a leather wallet is the softness. It’s easy to store in your pocket without it being uncomfortable.
- Nylon: Travelon and other manufacturers make their wallets with a Nylon material. This may the least visually appealing option out of all of them, but it works for some people.
The material you choose all depends on your preference and where you plan to store it. A stainless steel RFID-blocking wallet can work as well as a nylon or leather RFID wallet, so choose which material you like best.
No matter which RFID-blocking wallet you choose, you’ll feel much better out on the town with your valuable information protected. Use our top picks and buying guide to help you decide which to get.