3.) Be Smart About Your Other Items: Electronics, Toiletries, Cosmetics
Clothes aren’t the only thing you will be bringing on your business trip. Here are some other items you need to pack too. Use these packing hacks for business travelers for everything else you need.
You likely travel with several electronics. Here are some tips to make it easier to travel with them:
- Bring a power bank. You never know when your electronic items can suddenly die. Fully charge your power bank at night and have it on you at all times of your trip.
- Keep track of your cords. Electronic cords are a hassle. They take too much space, get tangled, and knot. Don’t leave them hanging around. Instead, wrap them tightly in a packing cube, but make sure the cord heads aren’t bent to avoid damage.
- Invest in an e-reader. A book can take a lot of space in your suitcase. Get an e-reader or a tablet to solve this dilemma if you like to read while you travel.
If you’re packing everything in a carry-on, you need to be extra careful. Having the TSA agent take away your favorite Channel perfume or brand-new shampoo because it exceeds the size limit is not ideal.
First, familiarize yourself with the carry-on rules and the size limits of toiletries of the country you’re visiting. The TSA determines liquid size limits as follows:
- Carry-on: 3.4 ounces (100 ml) or smaller sized-containers that fit in a quart-sized resealable bag.
- Checked bag: Containers that are larger than 3.4 ounces (100 ml) regardless of amount inside must be in checked baggage.
Bring sample-sized and smaller toiletries, including shampoo, conditioners, body washes, soap, loofah, feminine wash, shaving cream, toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash, sunblock, deodorant, dry shampoo, makeup remover, brush, and comb.
Makeup can be considered a must-have travel product by many. The news is that it is subject to the same liquid and gel rules as any other substance. Liquid lipsticks, liquid mascaras, or lip gels, for example, should all follow the size limits mentioned above.
The TSA has also set a new restriction on powders. Powdered cosmetics should weigh well under 12 ounces.
Get travel-sized makeup products to make sure you’re on the safe side.